A forehead or brow lift cosmetic surgery reverses the impact of aging and gravity on the upper face, and provides the soft tissues of the forehead with a tauter appearance.
This helps to restore a youthful definition to the forehead skin, eyebrows, and upper lids. Profound plastic surgeon Dr. Paul McCluskey provides brow lift to patients in Atlanta, Buckhead, Georgia, and surrounding communities and cities in the amazing Empire State of the South.
The patient should consult an experienced surgeon to understand whether they could benefit from a forehead lift procedure. An ideal candidate for a brow lift cosmetic surgery would have sagging skin around the brows and conspicuous horizontal lines on the forehead. They would be in good general health and have realistic expectations. These aspects would be determined during the consultation process.
Preparing a Customized Surgical Plan
The patient’s facial structure and cosmetic preferences determine the type of brow lift technique. The objective of the plastic surgeon and his team is to assist the patient in achieving the most natural and appealing results possible. They also strive to make your experience with the surgery as straightforward and safe as possible.
During the consultation, the plastic surgeon will evaluate the problem areas, and assess the hairline and hairstyle preferences. They will then highlight which technique will create the least amount of scarring while providing excellent surgical outcomes.
Discussing Scarring Possibilities
The placement of incisions during a brow lift depends on the technique the surgeon uses and will cause scars. The incisions are placed such that they are discreet. These incisions are typically placed in a deep forehead crease, or within or at the hairline. The surgeon will apprise the patient about scarring aspects, and seek inputs about their incision preferences.
Sharing Information with the Surgeon
The patient should be honest with the surgeon during the forehead lift consultation. The patient may also bring pictures from magazines or websites to the surgeon’s office. This can be a good reference point for the surgeon to understand the patient’s objectives.
The patient must answer the following questions correctly, which the surgeon may ask during the consultation:
- Do you suffer from any drug allergies or medical conditions? Are you presently receiving treatment for any medical conditions?
- Have you had any surgeries in the past?
- What are your present medications, supplements, and vitamins?
- What is your present use of tobacco, alcohol, and recreational drugs?
- What is your history with non-surgical aesthetic procedures?
- What results do you expect from the procedure? What is your primary motivation to receive a brow-lift procedure?
During the consultation, the surgeon may also:
- Ask the patient to look into a mirror and highlight the areas of improvement according to their perception.
- Take pictures of the patient’s health record, measure their face, and show the possible improvements through computer imaging.
- Assess the patient’s medical status, including their pre-existing medical conditions or risk factors
- Assess the elasticity of the patient’s skin
- Discuss the alternatives and recommend a treatment plan
- Discuss the possible results as well as potential complications
- Discuss the anesthetic procedure
The surgeon may offer the patient the following advice during the consultation:
- The expected outcomes
- Financial implications for the procedure
- Inherent risks and complications
- Alternatives for anesthesia and surgical venue
- Pre-surgery preparation information
- Post-surgical expectations
- Share before-and-after images of similar cases
- Answer questions and address concerns
Committed plastic surgeon Dr. Paul McCluskey receives patients Atlanta, Buckhead, Georgia, and nearby areas across the horizon for forehead lift.
Serving patients in and around Atlanta, Buckhead, Roswell, Marietta, Georgia and surrounding areas.