The decision to undergo breast implant revision cosmetic surgery is a vital one. The patient should only proceed with this procedure after carefully considering all aspects of the surgery and clarifying all her doubts with the surgeon.
At the time of the pre-op consultation, the patient will have an opportunity to ask the surgeon any questions that they may have. Plastic surgeon Dr. Paul McCluskey provides breast implant revision surgery to patients in Atlanta, Buckhead, Georgia, and surrounding communities.
List of Questions
Ideally, the patient should make a list of any questions that she may have regarding the procedure or the surgeon’s background in advance to make sure that no crucial questions are missed out. The surgeon will provide the patient with correct and detailed answers to her questions to allow her to make a judicious choice.
- What number of years of training and experience do you have in the field of plastic surgeries?
- Have you performed breast surgeries previously?
- Is breast implant removal or replacement more suitable for me?
- How much time will I need to devote to the entire revision process?
- How long will it take to complete the revision procedure inside the operating room?
- Which surgical facility would the revision procedure take place in?
- Am I an appropriate candidate for breast implant revision?
- Are the results that I am expecting reasonable?
- Can you display breast implant revision ‘before and after’ pictures?
- Where will the surgical scars be located?
- What type of anesthesia would you recommend for this procedure?
- What type of changes in my lifestyle and preparatory steps will I need to take before the surgery?
- What will the post-op downtime be? How many days of leave will I need from work?
- What are the possible risks and complications related to breast revision surgery?
- In case the outcomes of my procedure are not as pre-determined, what will be my options regarding revision surgery?
- What costs are associated with breast implant revision surgery, including the pre and post-operative expenses?
- Will your administrative staff be able to offer me guidance or assistance on insurance and financing options?
- Can I see some testimonials of past patients to understand their experience at your practice?
Question about the Technique and Implant Choice
The patient should have clarity on the surgeon’s recommendations for the breast implant revision technique. There are specific advantages and limitations associated with different kinds of breast implants. If the patient is unclear on the implant choices or techniques, she should seek clarity from her plastic surgeon.
The patient should feel free to ask questions about costs, payment methods, and financing options related to breast implant revision surgery. A cosmetic surgery procedure represents a personal journey for the patient, and, she should have complete trust and feel reassured after the surgeon answers her questions.
Plastic surgeon Dr. Paul McCluskey receives patients from Atlanta, Buckhead, Georgia, and nearby areas for breast implant revision.
For more information on procedures and treatments offered by Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Paul McCluskey and the Plastic Surgery Institute of Atlanta, visit:
Serving patients in and around Atlanta, Buckhead, Roswell, Marietta, Georgia and surrounding areas.