Buttock augmentation is a lower body contouring procedure performed by a cosmetic surgeon to enhance the size, shape, and appearance of the rear ends. During the initial consultation, the surgeon will determine the patient’s candidacy for buttock augmentation and recommend the most appropriate surgical plan and technique.
Dr. Paul McCluskey is a fantastic and perceptive plastic surgeon providing buttock augmentation, also known as butt surgery, and various other cosmetic and reconstructive procedures. Patients in Atlanta, Buckhead, Georgia, and surrounding communities have an opportunity to receive buttock augmentation surgery from Dr. McCluskey.
Who Should Choose Buttock Augmentation?
Patients with underdeveloped buttocks who want to achieve a more proportionate figure may choose buttock augmentation. Women who are bothered by the disproportionate size of their buttocks or want to achieve a shapelier “hour glass” figure can benefit from this surgery. Men with flat buttocks can enhance the shape of the area as per their choice.
A cosmetic surgeon will look at the patient’s overall figure as well as lower body anatomy and match it to their unique aesthetic goals while determining candidacy for butt surgery. Many buttock augmentation patients say that their clothes fit better, they feel more attractive, and their confidence levels have improved after the procedure.
Characteristics of a Good candidate
A good candidate for buttock augmentation will typically have the following characteristics:
- Wish to add volume to their backside, but have not succeeded in doing so with nutrition and exercise.
- Have surplus fat tissue deposits in some other areas of the body, which can be safely removed via liposuction and transferred to the buttocks.
- Excess fat deposits should ideally be located in easily accessible sites such as the abdomen or love handles around the hips.
- Adequate excess fat should be available in donor sites because three to four times the volume of fat required to be transferred will be needed.
- Candidate is prepared to gain weight before the procedure in case sufficient donor fat is not available at present.
- Candidate does not have excessively sagging skin in the buttock area so that fat transfer butt surgery can be performed without the need for butt lift.
- Have the right body shape for buttock augmentation, which the surgeon feels is proportionally appropriate for the patient’s appearance if volume is added to the rear.
Other Requisites for Candidacy
The candidate should be in good general health and should not be suffering from any such underlying conditions that could interfere with the surgery or recovery. They should be physically and emotionally healthy enough to go through anesthesia, surgery and post-operative recovery process.
The candidate should ideally be a non-smoker or willing to quit smoking for a time specified by the surgeon before and after the butt surgery procedure. Smoking and compromise the patient’s ability to heal well from the surgery. Excessive alcohol consumption should also be avoided to minimize surgical risks.
Dedicated plastic surgeon Dr. Paul McCluskey receives patients from Atlanta, Buckhead, Georgia, and other towns and suburbs in The Empire State of the South for buttock augmentation.