A breast implant revision cosmetic surgery is often more complicated than the original breast enhancement procedure.
But the steps involved in the breast revision surgery preparation will be quite similar to the previous breast augmentation procedure. The surgeon will explain these steps in detail at the time of the pre-operative consultation.
Well-prepared patients typically experience lesser pre-op anxiety and have a better chance of accomplishing safe and effective results. Plastic surgeon Dr. Paul McCluskey provides breast implant revision surgery to patients in Atlanta, Buckhead, Georgia, and surrounding communities.
The following instruction will allow patients to prepare properly for breast implant revision:
- Arrange to have their medical records sent from the doctor and specialists directly to the surgeon’s office.
- Make a list of all drugs such as prescription medicines, NSAIDs, blood thinners, vitamins, and herbal supplements that the patient presently uses.
- Get medical tests or mammograms done as instructed by the surgeon.
- In case the surgeon needs to change the schedule of any prescription medications, they will do so in discussion with the prescribing doctor.
- If the patient smokes, they will need to discontinue smoking for the duration specified by the surgeon.
- Complete any pressing household or work-related tasks ahead of the procedure to enjoy a stress-free recovery period.
- Ask a friend or family member or hire a caregiver to assist during the initial recovery period, as necessary.
- The patient should ask someone responsible to drive them home after the breast revision surgery.
The patient should follow the surgeon’s preparatory instructions in a dedicated manner for her own safety.
Do’s and Don’ts
The surgeon’s staff may offer a copy of common surgery guidelines or do’s and don’ts to enable the patient to prepare for her breast implant revision cosmetic surgery. These instructions may include the following:
- Do not use ibuprofen, aspirin, and other blood thinners as well as NSAIDs for at least two weeks before the surgery.
- Do not take vitamin E, vitamin C, homeopathic remedies, supplements, and herbal medicines for a minimum of two to four weeks before the procedure.
- Avoid wearing body piercings, makeup, contact lenses, or jewelry to the surgical facility.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing and shoes on the surgery day. Additionally, the top should be front-open as the procedure involves the upper body.
- Avoid alcohol use for at least 48 hours prior to the procedure.
- If the breast revision surgery necessitates the use of general anesthesia, avoid eating and drinking for eight hours prior to the surgery.
- Diabetic patients should have their parameters assessed on the morning of the procedure.
A few patients may experience post-op anxiety and stress a day prior to the procedure. In such cases, the surgeon may prescribe an anti-anxiety drug for the patient to be taken a night prior to the surgery.
Plastic surgeon Dr. Paul McCluskey receives patients from Atlanta, Buckhead, Georgia, and nearby areas for breast implant revision.
For more information on procedures and treatments offered by Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Paul McCluskey and the Plastic Surgery Institute of Atlanta, visit:
Serving patients in and around Atlanta, Buckhead, Roswell, Marietta, Georgia and surrounding areas.