Mommy Makeover Costs
Becoming a mom is certainly a beautiful experience, but the drastic physical changes that come with it are not that flattering. Be it sagging breasts from breast-feeding or unwanted fat around the tummy, the body undergoes noticeable changes post-pregnancy which take away the youthful demeanor of the body. While women earlier, learned to live with these changes as a natural course that the body takes, the advanced surgical procedures available these days have allowed moms to enjoy the best of both worlds!
Common mommy makeover procedures
The range of body contouring surgical procedures offered today can help you bounce back post-pregnancy with as much ease as most celebrities do. Unlike the never-ending grueling weight loss programs, a plastic surgeon can sculpt your body back to its youthful shape real quick. Here are some popular procedures that moms today opt for:
- Liposuction: In this procedure, tiny incisions are made in the skin so that a surgical tube can be inserted. Various methods are used to break down the fat cells in this region. Few stubborn fat cells present in the area are physically removed through the hollow tube. This helps in sculpting the body to the desired shape. It can be used to tone down the fat in the abdomen, waist, thighs, hips and buttocks.
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck): More commonly referred to as the “tummy tuck”, this procedure involves repairing the muscles that are separated out by stitching them together. It also involves removing excess tissues in the tummy area so as to tighten the skin and give it a smoother and firmer look.
- Breast lift: Sagging breasts, stretched areolas and disproportionate breasts are a common occurrence post-pregnancy. A breast lift procedure helps in correcting all these changes. It involves removing the excess tissues and tightening the loose skin to give it a fine contour. The position of the breasts and areolas are lifted during this procedure. Many a times, it is combined with breast implant procedures to add more volume to the breasts.
- Breast reduction: A woman’s breasts swell up during pregnancy. While they naturally reduce in size over time in most cases, some of them continue to be oversized. This can cause a lot of discomfort. Breast reduction procedures involve removing the excess fat tissues and tightening the skin. This improves the patient’s skeletal stability, lung function, physical functioning and sleep patterns.
How much does a mommy makeover cost?
The expenses that come with these procedures vary across different facilities. The nature of surgical procedure, plastic surgeon’s experience, nature of the surgical facility, are few of the factors that affect the overall cost. Geographical location can play a major role in determining the cost of the procedure too. The aspects that are to be considered while narrowing down on procedural expenses are:
- Cosmetic surgeon fee
- Anesthesia fee
- Prescribed medication costs
- Hospital facility costs
- Medical tests fee
Most women feel that the cost of these makeover procedures is a small price to pay to revive their youthful state and happiness.