Plastic Surgery Candidates
Wrinkles and aging lines on the forehead and between the brows can make a person look tired, old or angry. Brow lift or forehead lift is a safe and effective cosmetic surgery procedure to restore a youthful appearance of the upper face area.
At the time of initial consultation, the surgeon will determine the patient’s candidacy for forehead lift. Some candidates may require brow lift in combination with eyelid lift, while some others may need an additional non-surgical Botox treatment. The surgeon will provide the right treatment options depending on the patient’s facial anatomy and their specific cosmetic needs.
Hardworking and adroit Dr. Paul McCluskey is an experienced plastic surgeon providing forehead lift / brow lift to patients in Atlanta, Buckhead, Georgia, and surrounding locations across the landscape in this region of the southeast.
When to Choose a Brow Lift?
A candidate may choose a forehead lift or brow lift surgery if they are unhappy with one or more of the following conditions:
- Sagging or low position of the brows is creating a grumpy, sad or tired look
- Deep horizontal creases or lines on the forehead make the face appear older
- The area across the top of the nose is marked by deep furrows or frown lines
- Excess fatty tissue or skin is hanging over the eyes, and may also be causing partial vision obstruction
Some candidates may consider brow lift in conjunction with facelift cosmetic surgery in order to create more harmonious outcomes.
People seeking forehead lift or brow lift for one or more of the following reasons are typically suitable candidates for this surgery:
- The external part of the brow is drooping, resulting in a sad facial expression
- The central area of the brow is hanging down, causing an angry look
- Fine lines between the eyes are visible
- The candidate is unable to use makeup on the upper lids because the drooping tissue obstructs the surface area
- When the skin above the brow is gently raised into a pleasing position, if the loose skin in the upper lid disappears, then a brow lift may be the right choice
The surgeon will recommend to the patient whether an independent forehead lift or a combined procedure may be the ideal choice to meet their aesthetic goals.
People above the age of 40 are usually good candidates for a brow lift. Around this age, the brows and eyelids may begin to sag, and wrinkles or creases start appearing on the forehead. If the patient has a family history of sagging brows, they may need this surgery earlier.
The candidate should have good general health to sustain the anesthesia and surgery. They should have a positive mindset and realistic expectations in order to achieve satisfactory outcomes. The candidate should be committed to following the surgeon’s advice regarding avoiding certain types of prescription and non-prescription drugs and refraining from smoking.
Dedicated and considerate plastic surgeon Dr. Paul McCluskey receives patients from Atlanta, Buckhead, Georgia, and other cities and communities in this section of The Empire State for brow lift / forehead lift and various other remarkable procedures.