Costs and Risks Involved in Rhinoplasty
The nose reshaping surgery or Rhinoplasty is a procedure which is done to restructure the form of the nose and resolve the nasal functions. This procedure, normally carried out by a cosmetic surgeon, costs a lot and involves a lot of risks. The plastic surgeon who usually do this procedure are very skilled and is paid a lot depending upon experience and past successful work. If you are planning to get Rhinoplasty done in Atlanta, make sure you contact Dr. Paul McCluskey.
Risks and possible complications in Rhinoplasty
Like any other surgery, Rhinoplasty has also got its share of risks and complications. Before the surgery is carried out, you will have to sign the consent form to make sure that you are fully aware about the possible complications that can occur in the process of surgery. Given below are the possible risks associated with Rhinoplasty:
- Incessant bleeding: During the operation there is good chance that some of your surface vessels may rupture which may lead to bleeding.
- Infection: If the surgeon is not experienced, you might have to be careful about the possible danger of your wound getting infected.
- Poor healing of the wound: After the operation the success of the process depends a lot on how quickly your wound gets healed.
- Skin problems: You may have to go through a lot of pain and irritation after the surgery because of the tape and bandage used to cover the area operated on.
- Asymmetrical nose: A botched up surgery might lead to an asymmetric nose which might look even worse than what it was before the surgery.
- Nasal blockage: It might happen because of an occurrence of a swelling inside the nose.
- Occurrence of scars: An unskilled surgery may lead to an emergence of scars which would need another surgery to remove.
Cost of undergoing a Rhinoplasty
Since most people who go for this kind of a cosmetic surgery normally don’t have any issues about the costs involved. However, for the general public it is important to know where they can get it done cheaply and the overall average cost. Given below are the different fees associated with Rhinoplasty:
- Hospital and surgical facility costs: These are the costs associated with the use of the equipments and other facilities in the hospital.
- Surgeon’s fee: The fee that has to be paid to the surgeon which varies from person to person.
- Anesthesia fees: The fees that has to be paid to the anaesthesiologists for their services before the commencement of the surgery.
So, the cost of this surgery depends on the type of surgery needed and the time it takes to finish the surgery and generally it costs more for a surgery that takes more time.