Contact Us

5825 Glenridge Dr. NE ST 2-104
Atlanta, GA 30328
Tel: 404.255.3555

Location

Top Plastic Surgery Procedures for Women and Men

Top Plastic Surgery Procedures for Women and Men | Roswell | MariettaPlastic surgery procedures are no longer the exclusive domain of celebrities and movie stars. Cosmetic surgeons now perform millions of surgical and non-surgical aesthetic procedures every year in the US with successful results.

The popularity of these procedures has continued to grow with each passing year. Profound and judicious plastic surgeon Dr. Paul McCluskey provides procedures for the body, breast and face to patients in Atlanta, Buckhead, Georgia, and surrounding communities.

 

Surging Popularity

The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) in its latest multi-specialty statistical report has announced that Americans spent over $15 billion on surgical and non-surgical procedures in 2016 in the US. This indicates a year on year growth of 11 percent over 2015.

About 56 percent of the procedures involved cosmetic surgery, while the remaining 44 percent were non-surgical procedures. The current figure of $15 billion represents the largest amount spent on these procedures in a single year ever since ASAPS began its Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank Statistics survey two decades ago.

According to ASAPS, patients now seek more refined aesthetic procedures performed by a cosmetic surgeon. For instance, fat transfer breast augmentation is now sought by a number of women instead of traditional breast implants to increase breast size. Breast lift is also increasingly preferable as a subtle procedure compared to breast implant surgery.

However, this does not mean that the absolute numbers of breast augmentation have gone down. More women are still seeking breast implant surgery. Procedures that were once considered niche, such as vaginoplasty, are now becoming mainstream. Men’s procedures are also growing year on year, from double chin reduction to facial dermal fillers.

 

Top Five Procedures

The top five cosmetic procedures in 2016, as per the ASAPS data, for both women and men combined, include:

  • Liposuction – 414,335 procedures
  • Breast Augmentation – 310,444 procedures
  • Tummy Tuck – 181,540 procedures
  • Eyelid Surgery – 173,883 procedures
  • Breast Lift – 161,412 procedures

 

Liposuction

Liposuction surgery is the number one procedure now because it can produce dramatic body contouring outcomes in a less invasive way. New liposuction techniques involve only local anesthesia and may involve laser to make the procedure safer and more precise.

 

Breast Augmentation

Traditional breast implant surgery and fat transfer breast augmentation are both consistently in demand. The FDA approval for ultra-cohesive breast implants has further fueled the demand for breast implant surgery in recent years.

 

Tummy Tuck

Sedentary lifestyles, pregnancy, weight loss, and other factors may lead to loose skin and excess fat in the abdominal area. This can be effectively corrected with tummy tuck, which is now popular among both women and men to achieve a flatter abdomen.

 

Eyelid Surgery

Upper or lower eyelid surgery or both can be performed to dramatically improve the eyelid appearance and create a youthful upper face. Under eye bags and loose skin over upper lids can be reduced with eyelid surgery.

 

Breast lift

Sagging breasts can be firmed up and downward pointing nipples can be repositioned to a more youthful level with breast lift surgery. Many women seek this procedure as an independent surgery or in conjunction with breast implants.

Reliable and proven plastic surgeon Dr. McCluskey receives patients from Atlanta, Buckhead, Georgia, and other communities and cities in this part of the state for various aesthetic procedures.


For more information on procedures and treatments offered by Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Paul McCluskey and the Plastic Surgery Institute of Atlanta, visit:

*Individual results will vary and no guarantee is stated or implied by any photo use or any statement on this web site.

Comments are closed.

PSIAtlanta