Buttock augmentation is a delicate body contouring procedure to enhance the size of the rear end. The cosmetic surgeon should ensure symmetry of butt cheeks and natural looking results along with size increase. The procedure should ideally be performed by a fully trained and experienced surgeon.
At the time of pre-operative consultation, the patient should clarify all their doubts and concerns with the surgeon. When the patient is fully aware about the procedure as well as the surgeon’s professional credentials, they can make a well-informed decision.
Prolific plastic surgeon Dr. Paul McCluskey provides buttock augmentation and various other procedures for the breast, body and face to patients in Atlanta, Buckhead, Georgia, and surrounding locations in the amazing Peach State.
Key Questions to Ask
The patient should preferably prepare a detailed list of all the questions related to the buttock augmentation procedure as well as the surgeon’s practice. They can carry this list to the office of the cosmetic surgeon at the time of initial consultation. Some of the key questions may include:
- How many years of training and experience do you have in the field of cosmetic and plastic surgery?
- Have you performed body contouring surgeries in the past, and how far your patients have been satisfied?
- Do you have staff privileges at a local hospital or a surgery center where you may perform my butt augmentation surgery?
- Do you have a trained team of staff members to assist with the procedure?
- Will I have access to you during each of my appointments with your office with regard to my surgery?
- Do you think I will make a good candidate for buttock augmentation?
- What surgical technique would you recommend in my case?
- What is the difference between butt implants and Brazilian butt lift, and which would be better for me?
- Will I need liposuction or a lower body lift procedure along with buttock augmentation to achieve more uniform results?
- Can you provide me with facelift before and after photographs of previous patients?
- Can I receive testimonials of some of your older patients who may have shared their experiences about their surgery?
- Would you introduce me to one of your staff members to familiarize myself more with your office, or can I take a brief office tour?
- Will you use general or local anesthesia to perform my buttock augmentation surgery?
- Is your practice equipped to handle any medical emergencies?
- How long will it take to complete the actual surgery inside the operating room?
- Are there any risks and complications associated with butt augmentation?
- What would be the expected cost of my surgery, including pre- and post-operative expenses?
- How long can I expect the results of buttock augmentation to last?
- How many days of leave should I apply for at my workplace to recover after the surgery?
The patient should review the surgeon’s practice website prior to the pre-op consultation. This will provide them some advance idea about the procedure as well as the surgeon’s background. Dedicated plastic surgeon Dr. Paul McCluskey receives patients from Atlanta, Buckhead, Georgia, and nearby areas across the horizon in the fine state of Georgia for buttock augmentation.